ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management : Business Analytics course using Excel
- Course Fee: Eur495
- ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management Level 4 (UK) / comparable to Level 6 (Ireland).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM.
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This certificate course comprehensively covers the use of business analytics using Microsoft Excel. Business analytics and ‘big data’ are fast becoming a critical business differentiator. Bain and Company and the Economist Intelligence Unit/SAS found that companies with the most analytics capabilities are outperforming competitors by wide profit margins. The course covers how to use business analytics to describe, identify and predict behaviour. The course covers how to: (1) define the analytics problem, (2) acquire and blending datasets, (3) clean datasets, (4) use descriptive analytics, (5) use predictive analytics, and (6) present data and findings. The course is highly practical and uses provided sample datasets which students work on to firstly clean data and create a datawarehouse and then undertake a series of analytics tasks.
By choosing to study this ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management Business Analytics course with CMIT, students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Videos, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this Business Analytics course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- Business Analysts, Data Analysts, Marketing and Digital Marketing professionals.
- Anyone interested in pursuing business analytics as a career.
- Digital, Web, e-Commerce, Social media and Mobile channel professionals.
- Those who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Students should have a ‘good working knowledge’ of Excel and have access to Excel 2016 or later. A ‘good working knowledge’ is defined as the ability to create sheets, add data, sort cells, use basic formulas, and make tables/charts.
- Level 4 certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- As this is a Level 4 (UK) professional qualification, learners will be expected to reference their assignment work to a high academic standard.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this ILM Business Analytics course
Unit 1: Using business analytics
- Business analytics and big data
- Categories of analytics
- Descriptive analytics
- Predictive analytics
- Prescriptive analytics
- Challenges with implementation
Unit 2: Understanding data
- Secondary and primary data sources
- Quantitative and qualitative data
- Quantitative data types
- Cross–sectional and ‘time–series’ data
Unit 3: Preparing datasets
- Overview of the business analytics process
- The business analytics problem
- Dataset acquisition and blending
- Dataset cleaning
Unit 4: Exploring, mining and interpreting analytics
- Evaluating data
- Bar charts
- Pie charts
- Line graphs
- Scatter chart
- Key statistics
- Presenting findings, conclusions and recommendations
Unit 5: Understanding the Organisational Culture and Context
- What is the organisation environment?
- PESTEL case studies
- Corporate culture
- Organisational ethics
- This business analytics course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- The course is highly practical and uses provided sample datasets which students work on to firstly clean data and create a datawarehouse and then undertake a series of analytics tasks.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may progress to the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management with CMIT.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- Following successful completion, you will receive an ILM Certificate in Leadership and Management (Level 4 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This is an award on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) and is comparable to an award at level 6 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications. CMIT is an approved ILM centre.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details