- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer Eur295
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Mediation (6N4910)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to work at their pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This distance learning, accredited QQI Mediation course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
Mediation is a skill which is increasingly in demand. It is an independent process which assists parties to come to an agreement through a collaborative process. Mediation can be described as ‘facilitated negotiation’. This certificate in mediation course is designed for people who wish to gain an understanding of the principles and practices of Mediation. Mediation is about helping others to help themselves, assisting them with their communication and relationships and working with people to develop their powers of negotiating, achieving resolutions where everyone wins, are just a few examples of what a skilled and practised mediator can help their clients achieve. In this course, you will learn how to communicate effectively with everyone you meet. You will learn to recognise types of body language, gestures and other non-verbal forms of communication.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this QQI Mediation course?
- Commercial Mediators, Community Mediators, Workplace Mediators, Victim/Offender Mediators.
- People who wish to learn Mediation Skills or commence a career in Mediation.
- People who wish to gain a qualification in the subject by tutor supported eLearning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Cert or equivalent, and/or relevant Life or Work Experience.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- Learners will be required to conduct a mock mediation session as part of the assessment of this course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this QQI Mediation course
Unit 1: The Concept of Mediation
- Understanding Conflict
- Forms of Conflict Resolution
- What is Mediation
- Mediator Competences
- Benefits of Mediation
- Ethical Standards
Unit 2: The Context for Mediation
- Workplace Mediation
- Commercial Mediation
- Community Mediation
- Peer Mediation
- Family Mediation
- Restorative Justice
Unit 3: Models of Mediation
- The Mediation Process
- Mediation Models
- Mediation Techniques
Unit 4: Mediation Practice
- Principles of Effective Mediation
- Conflict Management Styles
- Negotiation Skills
- Group Exercises
- Communication Skills
- Self Reflection and Supervision
Unit 5: Case Development and Management
- Case Documentation
- Mediation Agreements
- This award is assessed through a series of assessments, which are submitted by the student. This includes written assignments, a personal learner record and skills demonstrations.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
- This course leads to a level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications. It is not currently a component of a QQI major award. For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Mediation (6N4910).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details