Sports Psychology course
- Course Fee: Eur595
- eLearning Sports Psychology course with Tutor Support leading to an NCFE certificate of achievement
- Students have 6 months to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a ProspectusCoiurs
This Sports Psychology course focuses on the scientific study of people and their behaviours in sports contexts and the practical application of that knowledge. Each module of this Sports Psychology Diploma at QLS Level 3 contains associated revision exercises and activity questions which are designed to allow students to demonstrate their underpinning knowledge and show how this can be applied in various contexts. Sport and exercise psychologists work with individuals, teams, and organisations in a wide range of contexts. Examples of their work include:
- Helping elite performers to develop preparation strategies to deal with the demands of competition and training
- Applying research to motor learning and psychophysiological processes to maximise practice and fitness regimes
- Assisting coaches, managers, and referees with enhancing their interpersonal and communication skills
- Counselling injured athletes during their rehabilitation
- Advising youth sports performers travelling to international fixtures on how to deal with disappointment, homesickness, and family problems
- Working with health promotion staff to increase exercise
- Motivation and adherence in sedentary individuals
- Facilitating an optimal ‘motivational climate’ for the clients of exercise instructors
- Optimising the psychosocial benefits that cardiac rehabilitation patients can gain from their exercise involvement ’ (bps website Division of Sport and Exercise).
Who should complete this Sports Psychology Course?
- Sports Coaches, Physiotherapist, Fitness Trainers and Sports Managers.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Sports Psychology Course
- Module 1 – Introduction to Sports Psychology
- Module 2 – Aspects of Sports Personalities
- Module 3 – Motivation and Goal Setting
- Module 4 – Stress & Anxiety
- Module 5 – Relaxation in Sport
- Module 6 – Aggression in Sport
- Module 7 – Burnout
- Module 8 – Hypnosis in Sport
- Module 9 – Imagery in Sport
- Module 10 – Positive and Negative Thinking in Sport
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments. There is no exam for this course.
- This qualification has been accredited as a Customised Qualification by NCFE and the customised qualification’s learning outcomes and assessment criteria have been benchmarked at UK Level 3.
- On completion of this Customised Qualification, learners will receive a certificate of achievement. The certificate is evidence of the knowledge and skills gained by completing the qualification. This is an unregulated qualification and is not a nationally recognised qualification. CMIT can advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education.
- An award at UK Level 3 is roughly equivalent to a Level 5 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for Accreditation Details