NCFE Diploma in Sports Psychology
- Course Fee: Eur595
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by NCFE
- Students have 6 months to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a ProspectusCoiurs
This NCFE Sports Psychology Course focuses on the scientific study of people and their behaviours in sports contexts and the practical application of that knowledge. Each module of this Sports Psychology Diploma at QLS Level 3 contains associated revision exercises and activity questions which are designed to allow students to demonstrate their underpinning knowledge and show how this can be applied in various contexts. Sport and exercise psychologists work with individuals, teams, and organisations in a wide range of contexts. Examples of their work include:
- Helping elite performers to develop preparation strategies to deal with the demands of competition and training
- Applying research to motor learning and psychophysiological processes to maximise practice and fitness regimes
- Assisting coaches, managers, and referees with enhancing their interpersonal and communication skills
- Counselling injured athletes during their rehabilitation
- Advising youth sports performers travelling to international fixtures on how to deal with disappointment, homesickness, and family problems
- Working with health promotion staff to increase exercise
- Motivation and adherence in sedentary individuals
- Facilitating an optimal ‘motivational climate’ for the clients of exercise instructors
- Optimising the psychosocial benefits that cardiac rehabilitation patients can gain from their exercise involvement ’ (bps website Division of Sport and Exercise).
Who should complete this NCFE Sports Psychology Course?
- Sports Coaches, Physiotherapist, Fitness Trainers and Sports Managers.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this NCFE Sports Psychology Course
- Module 1 – Introduction to Sports Psychology
- Module 2 – Aspects of Sports Personalities
- Module 3 – Motivation and Goal Setting
- Module 4 – Stress & Anxiety
- Module 5 – Relaxation in Sport
- Module 6 – Aggression in Sport
- Module 7 – Burnout
- Module 8 – Hypnosis in Sport
- Module 9 – Imagery in Sport
- Module 10 – Positive and Negative Thinking in Sport
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments. There is no exam for this course.
- This course has been accredited under NCFE IIQ Licence by NCC Resources Limited which has been approved as an NCFE Investing in Quality (IIQ) centre to give formal recognition to courses. At the end of this course, successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by NCFE. The training courses have been designed specifically to meet the needs of learners who prefer to study from home. The course measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at QLS Level 3 (using Ofqual’s Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) level descriptors) to allow you to consider the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved.
- A NCFE QLS Level 3 is roughly equivalent to a Level 5 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for Accreditation Details