- Course Fee: Eur395
- eLearning Psychology course with Tutor Support accredited by ABC Awards
- Students have 6 months to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This Psychology course provides a fascinating insight into the science of the mind. The course covers an introduction to psychology, emotion and how to identify stress, perception, memory and remembering, learning, parent-child interactions, gender, sexuality, social perception and prejudice.
Your Tutor will support you throughout the duration of the course. Our student support team are also available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that support is available for your course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
By choosing to study this Psychology course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Psychology course?
- People in business who are responsible for managing people.
- People in marketing or communications careers who wish to gain a greater understanding of the human psyche.
- People considering a career in counselling, people management, teaching, or communications.
- People who wish to gain an accredited qualification in Psychology and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Psychology course
Unit 1: Introduction
- What is Psychology?
- Different Approaches to Psychology
- Research in Psychology.
Unit 2: Emotion
- Signs of Emotion
- Theories of Emotion
- Stress and Anxiety
Unit 3: Perception and Memory
- Why Do We Remember?
- Remembering and Forgetting
- Reliability of Memory.
Unit 4: Learning
- Classical and Operant Conditioning
- Applications of Classical and Operant Conditioning
- Other Kinds of Learning.
Unit 5: The Development of Social Behaviour
- Parent-Child Interaction,
- Attachment and Separation
- Sexual Development
- Gender Identity.
Unit 6: Social Perception and Influence
- Impressions of People
- Prejudice and Discrimination
- Reducing Prejudice
- Social Pressure on the Individual
- Group Norms and Conformity
- Conformity to Roles and Obedience.
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor marked assignments. There is no exam for this course.
- At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course). The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner. The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards and Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process. ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
- An ABC Awards Level 3 is roughly equivalent to a Level 5 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details