- Course Fee: Eur395
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ABC Awards
- Students have 6 months to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
Life coaching is a new and rapidly growing profession. The aim of Life Coaching is to create a partnership in which the coach helps guide the client to realise their full potential, and achieve success in both their personal and business life. This is accomplished by creating a balance between all the different aspects of an individual’s life, together with developing clear directions to take that person to a happier new future. The aim of this programme is to develop Life Coaching skills and to provide an advanced understanding of the principles and practice of Life Coaching for those who wish to commence work in this area.
Your Tutor will support you throughout the duration of the course. You complete the course by undertaking activities and assignments. Our student support team are also available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that unlimited support is available for your course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- People considering commencing a career as a Life Coach.
- People currently working as a Life Coach who wishes to gain a qualification in the area.
- HR Specialists and those responsible for managing people who wish to develop Life Coaching skills.
- People who work in occupations such as Counsellors, Teachers and Team coaches.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Unit 1: Introduction to Coaching
- What is coaching?
- Types of Coaching
- What is mentoring?
- The role of coaching/mentoring
- Applications of coaching/mentoring
- The benefits of coaching/mentoring
- Barriers to coaching
Unit 2: Coaching Skills
- Values and beliefs
- Building relationships
- Building self-esteem
- Giving non-judgemental feedback
- Ethics and standards
Unit 3: The Coaching Process (TGROW)
- The coaching process
- Deciding a theme (T)
- Setting goals (g)
- Checking reality (R)
- Devising options (O)
- Will (W)
- Individual coaching plans
- Preparing for coaching
Unit 4: Evaluating Coaching
- Evaluating coaching
- Self-reflection and supervision
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor marked assignments. There is no exam for this course.
- At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a certificate of achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details all of the units you have completed as part of your course). The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of difficulty involved in successful completion by the learner. The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing Ltd to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. ABC Awards’ endorsement involves a robust and rigorous quality audit by external inspectors to ensure quality is consistently met. A regular review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
- An ABC Awards Level 3 is roughly equivalent to a Level 5 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications but is not an award on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details