CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CSA+)
- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer 295
- Approved eLearning course leading to certification from CompTIA
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst, or CSA+, is a CompTIA certification focusing on the knowledge and skills required to configure and use threat-detection tools, perform data analysis, and interpreting the results with the end goal of securing an organization’s applications and systems. The CSA+ is a vendor neutral certification that expects three to four years of experience in a related field as well as a Security+ or equivalent knowledge. In this regard, the CSA+ lies between the security+ as well as the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) exams and is an excellent go between to tackle before diving into the CASP, but when the Security+ isn’t enough. With the ongoing requirement for government agencies to receive certifications, the CSA+ was developed with a focus on meeting government requirements to certify IT workers or contractors. This certification will display an understanding of security best practices and protocols beyond that which is provided by the Security+ and will prove a level of expertise beyond that of basic security practices that are followed when using a computer. This allows any employee to prove a better understanding of enterprise security practices, and the necessary tools needed to protect a company network. The modules of this course align with the official objects of the certification and will expand past the scope of the certification to provide real life examples as well as lead ins to direct further study. This will give students more to work off of than simple definition based review and allow for easier understanding of the material for the certification as well as a basic understanding for real life application.
This comprehensive elearning course prepares students for the Network+ Certification from CompTIA. The course is completed online, at your own time, at a location that suits you. You progress through the course materials and complete the online lessons and tests. This course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- Flash Cards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this course?
- Network Technicians, Network Installers, IT Vale Technician, IT Technician, Enterprise Technician, PC Technician.
- Desktop Support Technician, Field Technician, PC Support Specialist.
- People considering a career as a PC Network Technician.
- 12% job growth is expected for Network & Computer Systems Administrators (2012 – 2022).
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- CompTIA A+ certification and nine months networking experience is recommended.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Module 1: Threat Management
- Given a scenario, apply environmental reconnaissance techniques using appropriate tools and processes – Part 1-9
- Given a scenario, analyze the results of a network reconnaissance – Part 1-5
- Given a network-based threat, implement or recommend the appropriate response and countermeasure – Part 1-4
- Explain the purpose of practices used to secure a corporate environment – Part 1-4
Module 2: Vulnerability Management
- Given a scenario, implement an information security vulnerability management process – Part 1-7
- Given a scenario, analyze the output resulting from a vulnerability scan – Part 1-2
- Compare and contrast common vulnerabilities found in the following targets within an organization – Part 1-3
Module 3: Cyber Incident Response
- Given a scenario, distinguish threat data or behaviour to determine the impact of an incident – Part 1-3
- Given a scenario, prepare a toolkit and use appropriate forensic tools during an investigation – Part 1-5
- Explain the importance of communications during the incident response process
- Given a scenario, analyze common symptoms to select the best course of action to support incident response – Part 1-4
- Summarize the incident recovery and post-incident response process – Part 1-4
Module 4: Security Architecture and Tool Sets
- Explain the relationship between frameworks, common policies, controls, and procedures – Part 1-4
- Given a scenario, use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management – Part 1-4
- Given a scenario, review security architecture and make recommendations to implement compensating controls – Part 1-3
- Given a scenario, use applications security best practices while participating in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) – Part 1-2
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Certificate in cybersecurity from CMIT.
- You may optionally take an exam to receive CompTIA certification. This is assessed through a computer-based multiple-choice exam (N10-006). Exam fees are not included in the course price.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- Following completion of the CompTIA exam, you will receive CompTIA cybersecurity certification.
- This programme does not lead to an award in the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
- Click here for Accreditation Details
Student Reviews of this Course