QQI Training and Development (Train the Trainer)
- Course Fee: Eur795 or Eur295 per module
- Certification Fee: Eur120 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- Train the Trainer: QQI Level 6 Training and Development Special Purpose Award (ref. 6S3372)
- eLearning courses with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Two modules delivered over two 12 week durations
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This distance learning, QQI accredited Train the Trainer course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. This Train the Trainer course is comprised of two component certificate awards, each of which may be completed individually:
This Train the Trainer course is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge to run, manage and deliver effective training programmes. The course covers the following: (1) Training and Development, (2) The Learning Process, (3) Training Needs Analysis, (4) Training Plan Design, (5) Learning Effectiveness, (6) Training Delivery, (7) Evaluation Process and Models, and (8) Training Evaluation Tools and Techniques.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes comprehensive course manuals, videos, quizzes and access to your Tutor. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive Tutor feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Train the Trainer course?
- Experienced Trainers, Consultants and those in HR and training roles, who wish to receive an approved National Train the Trainer Qualification.
- Those already involved in training development or delivery and wish to receive an approved National Qualification.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Cert (or equivalent) and/or relevant life experience.
- Participants must be working in, or have access to, an organisation where they will be able to complete a Training Needs Analysis, Training Plan and deliver three one-hour sessions to a minimum of three participants.
- Participants will be required to record a 15 minute training segment which will be sent to the college. (contact the college for further details).
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Part 1 – Training Needs Identification and Design (Module: 6N3325)
1. Training and Development
- Key Concepts in Training and Development as a trainer
- Roles in Training and Development, Train the Trainer
- Factors that Influence the Need for Training and Development
- Impact of Organisation Mission, Values, Vision and Strategy on Training
2. The Learning Process
- The Psychology of Learning
- Adult Learning Principles and Theories
- Motivation Theory
- Instructional System Design
- Barriers to Effective Training as a trainer
3. Training Needs Analysis
- Training Needs Analysis
- Organisation Analysis
- Job Analysis
- Task Analysis
- Skills Audit
- Learning Outcomes
- Objective Mapping
4. Training Plan Design
- Training Plan Design
- Mode of Delivery
- Schemes of Work and Lesson Plans
- Training Aids
Part 2 – Training Delivery and Evaluation (6N3326)
1. Learning Effectiveness
- What makes Training effective?
- Learning Styles
- Barriers to Effective Training
- Learning Difficulties
- Equality and Diversity Concepts
- Equality Legislation in Ireland
2. Training Delivery
- Training Styles
- Group Facilitation Skills
- Making a Presentation
- Planning a Presentation
- Delivering a Presentation
- Listening and Questioning
- Training Aids
- Formative Feedback
3. Evaluation Process and Models
- Training Evaluation
- How to Complete Training Evaluation
- Evaluation Models
4. Training Evaluation Tools & Techniques
- Reaction Measurement Tools
- Learning Assessment Methods
- Behaviour Measurement Tools
- Results Measurement Tools
- Return on Investment Measurement Tools
- This Train the Trainer course is assessed through Assignment, Project, Learner Record and Skills Demonstration. The Skills Demonstration will require participants to deliver three one-hour training sessions in their chosen organisation. Participants will be required to record a 15 minute training segment which will be sent to the college. (contact the college for further details).
- As part of our quality assurance, assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Completion of both modules leads to a level 6 Special Purpose award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Following successful completion of both modules you will receive a QQI Level 6 Training and Development Special Purpose Awards (ref. 623372)
- QQI is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details