QQI Supervision in Childcare
- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer Eur295
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Supervision in Early Childhood Care (6N1973)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This distance learning course is designed for supervisors, managers or owners of childcare facilities. The course covers the following topics: (1) how to manage your time more effectively, (2) how to lead and manage staff, (3) how to be better organised, (4) how to solve management problems, (5) how to recruit, motivate, and (6) how to manage performance.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. The course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- Existing childcare Managers and Supervisors who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification.
- Newly appointed childcare Managers and Supervisors who wish to learn how to manage people and teams.
- People in childcare operations who have direct reports and wish to learn best-practice techniques for managing people.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Leaving Cert or equivalent, and/or relevant Life or Work Experience.
- Applicants must currently be working in a childcare setting, as assignments will require learners to draw upon practical experience.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their
- Basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Unit 1: Personal Development
- Self-awareness in work
- Managing stress
- Time management skills
Unit 2: Supervisory Management
- The role of the supervisor
- The management process
Unit 3: Organisational Skills
- Managing meetings
- Record keeping
- HR skills
Unit 4: Leading a Childcare Team
- Motivating staff
- Team working
- Performance management
- Training and development
- This course is assessed through completion of a number of activities and completion of a personal Learner Record which records your personal experience of supervision in a childcare context. This will cover the planning of initiatives, making decisions, in addition to demonstrating your supervision and organisational skills. All work submitted must be your own work.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This course leads to a level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this Level 6 component certificate as credit towards the QQI advanced certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education (Ref. 6M2007). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Supervision in Early Childhood Care (6N1973).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details