QQI Social, Legal and Health Studies
- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer Eur295
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Childhood Social, Legal and Health Studies (6N1945).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This QQI Social Legal and Health Studies distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
The aim of this course is to enable learners to build the skills, knowledge and competence in child development. The programme will ensure that learners are: (1) proficient in understanding and assessing the range of social and legal factors which impact on ECCE setting, (2) aware of legal and regulatory guidelines – Ensure that early childhood settings adhere to best practice, (3) understand equality issues and ensure that ECCE settings are bias free, (4) ensure an ECCE setting is fully compliant with best practice and laws, and (5) develop specific procedures [including child protection] to ensure full compliance.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- Childcare workers, Childcare supervisors and Childcare managers.
- People who wish to gain an accredited qualification and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 Certificate / Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) or relevant life experience detailed in a current Curriculum Vitae. Please provide details and attach a copy of either a current CV or Certificate.
- You will be required to complete a number of activities in a registered childcare setting. You must be either working or have access to registered childcare setting where you can complete this (this can be on a voluntary basis).
- As this NFQ level 6 qualification is delivered through English it is necessary learners will have sufficient written English skills to complete this course.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Unit 1: Overview of the Sector
- An Emerging Profession
- The Rights of a Child
- Childcare Support Agencies and Bodies
- Support and Advisory Services
Unit 2: Social Policy and Legislation
- Social Policy
- The Legal System in Ireland
- Implications of Legislation for Early Childhood Education
- Impact of the EU on Irish Social Policy
Unit 3: Child Protection
- ‘Children First’
- Safe Guarding Children – Child Protection Policies and Procedures
- Working Together
Unit 4: Equality in Childcare
- Concept of Equality and Diversity
- Creating an Anti-Bias Environment
- Equality Proofing
- Common Diversity Issues
- This course is assessed through completion of a project and an assignment.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This course leads to a Level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 component certificate as credit towards the following QQI Major Award: Level 6 Early Childhood Care and Education (6M2007). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Childhood Social, Legal and Health Studies (6N1945).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details