QQI Early Childhood Curriculum course
- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer Eur295
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Early Childhood Curriculum (6N1944)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This distance learning, QQI accredited Early Childhood Curriculum course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
This is a comprehensive and in-depth course designed to provide the learner with the knowledge, understanding and practical skills required to supervise the implementation of early childhood programmes of learning for 0-6 years. The module aims to promote good practice, equality, and respect for diversity in early childhood education and care.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of this Early Childhood Curriculum course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Early Childhood Curriculum course?
- Childcare workers, Childcare supervisors and Childcare managers.
- People who wish to gain an accredited qualification in Early Childhood Curriculum and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- A Leaving cert or Level 5 certificate or equivalent.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- Applicants must currently be working in a childcare setting, as assignments will require learners to draw upon practical experience.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Early Childhood Curriculum course
Unit 1: Overview of Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Education and Childcare
- Children’s Early Learning and Development
- The Whole Child Approach
- Principal Learning Theories
- Early Childhood Curricula
Unit 2: Features of Effective Childhood Programmes
- Balance of Activities
- Clear Aims and Objectives
- Equality, Diversity, and Involvement of Others
- Child Learning Styles
- Play and Experimentation
- Positive Learning Environment
- Child Focus
Unit 3: Programme Development and Implementation
- Creating Engaging Activities
- Planning the Environment
- Maintaining a Safe Environment
- The Role of Supervisors
Unit 4: Planning and Evaluation
- Plans and Schedules
- Involving Parents
- Reviewing Programmes
- This course is assessed through completion of a project and skills demonstration.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This course leads to a Level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 component certificate as credit towards the following QQI Major Award: Level 6 Early Childhood Care and Education (6M2007). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Early Childhood Curriculum (6N1944).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details