QQI Child Psychology course
- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer Eur295
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Child Psychology (6N2023)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This distance learning, QQI accredited Child Psychology course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
This course is designed to provide the learner with an understanding of child psychology relevant to childhood education and care settings and to equip the learner with the knowledge, and skills required to understand child psychology from 4 to 18 years. The module is designed to help candidates develop new ideas and competence, which can be utilised in their workplace, and in their interaction with the children and adolescents, they work with.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Child Psychology course?
- Teachers, Childcare workers, Youth workers, Childcare supervisors and Childcare managers.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- leaving Cert or equivalent, and/or relevant Life or Work Experience.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- Learners need to complete a child observation study in a specific care or development environment.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Child Psychology course
Unit 1: Key Concepts in Child Psychology
- Introduction to Child Psychology
- The Stages of Child Development
- The Development of Intelligence
Unit 2: Social and Emotional Development
- Stages of Social and Emotional Development
- Family, Peers and Childcare Relationships
Unit 3: Learning, Language, Intelligence and Morality
- Learning Methods
- Learning Theories
- Language and Communication
- Moral Development
Unit 4: Child Observation Studies
- Introduction to Child Observation Studies
- Types of Child Observation Studies
- Best Practice in Conducting Child Observation Studies
- This Child Psychology course is assessed through completion of assignments and a project. Part of the assessment requires observation of child behaviour (e.g. in a creche, sports groups, playgroup, school etc.)
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This Child Psychology course leads to a Level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 component certificate as credit towards the following QQI Major Award: Level 6 Early Childhood Care and Education (6M2007). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Child Psychology (6N2023) from QQI.
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details