QQI Child Development course
- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer Eur295
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Child Development (6N1942)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This distance learning, QQI accredited Child Development course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. Child Development is a multifaceted, integral, and continual process of change, in which children gain the ability to undertake complex levels of moving, thinking, feeling, and relating to others. It describes the various stages of physical, thinking, social, and emotional enhancement that occur from birth through young adulthood. This course covers the stages of child development and provides the learner with the tools and techniques to identify child progress and determiner developmental issues.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Child Development course?
- Early Childhood Care and Education staff, supervisors or managers.
- People who wish to gain an accredited qualification in Child Development and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 Certificate / Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) or relevant life experience detailed in a current Curriculum Vitae. Please provide details and attach a copy of either a current CV or Certificate.
- You will be required to complete a child observation study in a registered childcare setting. You must be either working or have access to registered Early Childhood Care and Education setting where you can complete this (this can be on a voluntary basis).
- As this NFQ level 6 qualification is delivered through English it is necessary learners will have sufficient written English skills to complete this course.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Child Development course
Unit 1: Introduction and Physical Development
- Whole Child Approach
- Involving Experts
- Physical Child Development Norms
Unit 2: Cognitive Development
- Stages of Child Cognitive Child Development
- Language and Communication
- Cognitive Development Norms
Unit 3: Social and Emotional Development
- Stages of Child Social and Emotional Child Development
- Family, Peers, and Childcare Relationships
- Social and Emotional Development Norms
Unit 4: Child Observation Studies
- Introduction to Child Observation Studies
- Types of Child Observation Studies
- Best Practice in conducting Child Observation Studies
- This Child Development course is assessed through completion of an exam and a project. The project requires completion of a child observation study in a registered Early Childhood Care and Education setting.
- The exam is completed at a CMIT exam centre, please contact the college for exam dates.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This Child Development course leads to a Level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 component certificate as credit towards the following QQI Major Award: Level 6 Early Childhood Care and Education (6M2007). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Child Development (6N1942) from QQI.
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details