QQI Leadership course
- Course Fee:
Eur395Introductory Offer Eur295
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Leadership (6N2191)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to complete the course. Learners work at their own pace and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The overall aim of this Leadership course is to equip learners with knowledge and competence in effectively leading people in work tasks and activities. The module is designed for those wishing to gain an understanding of leadership, leadership styles and their impact on the completion of tasks and activities and the skills and competencies a successful leader will require. The module aims to provide a current overview of leadership theory and how this theory links to practice in a workplace environment. The programme will also equip learners with practical leadership competencies. The Programme covers:
- An introduction to Management and Leadership.
- Management v. Leadership.
- Leadership Styles and altering your leadership style.
- Leadership development.
- Cognition, Creative problem solving, interpersonal skills and decision making.
- 360-degree feedback.
- Auditing leadership skills and creating personal development plans.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. This course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- Existing and newly appointed Managers.
- Team Leaders, or those looking to move into a supervisory or team leader role.
- Business owners.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 Certificate / Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) or relevant life or work experience
- As part of the assessment for this course, you will be required to complete a number of practical tasks in an organisational setting. You must be either working or have access to an organisation where you can complete this (this can be on a voluntary basis).
- As this NFQ level 6 qualification is delivered through English it is necessary learners will have sufficient written English skills to complete this course.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this course
Unit 1: Management v. Leadership
- Management v. Leadership
- Leadership styles
- Altering your leadership style
Unit 2: Leadership Development
- Leadership development model
- Creative problem solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Decision making
Unit 3: Personal Development Plan
- 360-degree feedback
- Leadership skills audit
- How to develop leadership skills
- Personal development plan
- This QQI Leadership course is assessed through completion of Learner Record of activities undertaken and a Skills Demonstration.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This Leadership course leads to a level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 component certificate as credit towards the major award in Business (6M4587) and also Administration (6M5013). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Leadership (6N2191).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details