QQI Event Management
- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer Eur295
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Events Management (6N4800)
eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to complete the course. Learners work at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This distance learning, QQI accredited Events Management course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
This distance learning course is designed to equip candidates with comprehensive event planning and management skills. Students will learn how to: (1) develop event proposals for clients, (2) develop innovative event concepts, (3) conduct feasibility analysis for events, (4) lead teams during events, (5) manage suppliers and service providers, (6) develop event plans, work breakdown and event schedules, (7) develop quality management and risk plans, and (8) develop skills for staging events. The course is designed for those working in Event Management companies, Large Companies, SMEs, Public Sector or community and voluntary sectors. The course covers all categories of events including Business Events, Exhibitions, Conferences, Festivals, Charity Events, Entertainment Events, Sports Events, and Private Social Events (e.g. weddings, parties).
By choosing to study this Events Management course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Events Management course ?
- Professional Event Planners and those who wish to become event planners
- Conference Organisers, Party and Wedding planners, Business Event organisers
- Marketing professionals who are involved in planning Events
- Public Relations professionals
- Those involved in organising Sports and Charity events
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 Certificate, Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) or relevant life experience.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- Learners must have access to work on or be involved in the planning and execution of an event – this is to facilitate the completion of an event evaluation and demonstration of a number of event management skills as part of the assessment requirements for the course.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Events Management course
Unit 1: The Event Management Industry
- Introduction to Event Management
- Event Management Industry
- Types of Event
- Event Marketing
Unit 2: The Event Plan
- The Event Plan
- Identifying Client Needs
- Concept Development
- Concept Screening
- The Event Plan Document
- The Event Contract
Unit 3: Managing People and Partners
- Using Volunteers
- Event Organisation Structures
- Motivating and Developing
- Reviewing Progress
- Employment Legislation
- Managing Suppliers
Unit 4: Event Logistics and Quality Plan
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Scheduling Effort
- Managing Resources and Scope
- Monitoring and Documenting
- Legal Issues
Unit 5: Staging an Event
- The ‘Build-up’
- The ‘Load-in’
- The ‘Show’
- The ‘Shutdown’
- Post-Event Evaluation
- This Events Management course is assessed through a Portfolio/Collection of Work and a Skills Demonstration (which entails describing and evaluating an event).
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam with this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This Events Management course leads to a level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 component certificate as credit towards QQI Advanced Certificates including: Tourism with Business (6M5012) and Sports, Recreation and Exercise (6M5147). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Event Management (6N4800).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details