Credit Control and Debt Mgt
- Course Fee: Eur395
- eLearning home study course accredited by ABC Awards
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This is an excellent course, which covers the principles and practices of credit control and managing debts. This course is ideally suited to those working within a credit control function of a large organisation or those managing the finances of small businesses. The course covers credit control methods and techniques which will ensure a more effective approach to ensuring customers meet their commitments and pay on time. At the end of the course, you will be able to operate a complete collections programme with increased confidence using best practice techniques.
Your Tutor will support you throughout the duration of the course. You complete the course by undertaking activities and assignments. Our student support team are also available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that support is available for your course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access
Who should complete this course?
- Credit Controllers, Accounts and Financial Control personnel.
- Business Owners and Managers who have responsibility for finance.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
- Credit. Cutting down on credit. Bad debts. Sales discounts
- Is my customer credit worthy? Credit checks
- Credit control routines
- Debt recovery through the courts
- Statutory demands, Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Statutory demands
- Winding up petitions
- Voluntary arrangements
- VAT and Tax relief for Bad debts
Debt Management Agencies
- Credit checking agencies
- Factoring companies
- Specialist Legal Services
- The Courts
- Small Claims Track
- Costs verses Settlement – Is it worth it?
- Debt Collection Agents
- Private Debt Collections agents
- Telephone skills
- Handling problems and objections
- Dealing with difficult customers and controlling anger
- How to gain commitment to pay
- Written Communication
- When to choice written forms of communication
- Email verses letters – When is each format appropriate?
- Sample letters
- Request for payment
- Demand for payment
- Legal demand for payment
- Common responses and excuses
- How to reply to customer responses
- How to gain commitment
- This ABC Awards certificate is assessed through a series of tutor marked assignments.
- At the end of this course successful learners will receive a certificate of achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details all of the units you have completed as part of your course). The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of difficulty involved in successful completion by the learner. The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing Ltd to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. ABC Awards’ endorsement involves a robust and rigorous quality audit by external inspectors to ensure quality is consistently met. A regular review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
- An ABC Awards Level 3 is roughly equivalent to a Level 5 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications, but is not an award on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details