Credit Control and Debt Management
- Course Fee: Eur395
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- eLearning home study course accredited by ABC Awards
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This is an excellent Credit Control Course, which covers the principles and practices of credit control and managing debts. This course is ideally suited to those working within a credit control function of a large organisation or those managing the finances of small businesses. The course covers credit control methods and techniques which will ensure a more effective approach to ensuring customers meet their commitments and pay on time. At the end of the course, you will be able to operate a complete collections programme with increased confidence using best practice techniques.
Your Tutor will support you throughout the duration of the course. You complete the course by undertaking activities and assignments. Our student support team are also available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that support is available for your course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access
Who should complete this Credit Control Course?
- Credit Controllers, Accounts and Financial Control personnel.
- Business Owners and Managers who have responsibility for finance.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Credit Control Course
Unit 1: Credit procedures
- Credit risks
- Credit checks
- Controlling credit
Unit 2: Debt collection and recovery
- Standard collection procedures
- Common excuses
- Civil litigation court action
- Court enforcement
- Publication of a judgment
- Statutory demand / liquidation
- Commercial mediation
- Private debt collection agencies
- Invoice discounting
Unit 3: Communication
- Using the telephone
- Making calls
- Specific telephone communication skills (language, vocalisation, listening, empathy and questioning)
- Managing conflict
- Written communication
- Sample letters
- This ABC Awards certificate is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- Internet connection – a speed of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Chrome for PCs.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards. The Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. CMIT can advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education.
- A QLS award at level 3 is roughly equivalent to a Level 5 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for Accreditation Details