Credit Control and Debt Management
- Course Fee: Eur395
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- eLearning home study course accredited by ABC Awards
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This is an excellent Credit Control Course, which covers the principles and practices of credit control and managing debts. This course is ideally suited to those working within a credit control function of a large organisation or those managing the finances of small businesses. The course covers credit control methods and techniques which will ensure a more effective approach to ensuring customers meet their commitments and pay on time. At the end of the course, you will be able to operate a complete collections programme with increased confidence using best practice techniques.
Your Tutor will support you throughout the duration of the course. You complete the course by undertaking activities and assignments. Our student support team are also available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that support is available for your course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access
Who should complete this Credit Control Course?
- Credit Controllers, Accounts and Financial Control personnel.
- Business Owners and Managers who have responsibility for finance.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Credit Control Course
Unit 1: Credit procedures
- Credit risks
- Credit checks
- Controlling credit
Unit 2: Debt collection and recovery
- Standard collection procedures
- Common excuses
- Civil litigation court action
- Court enforcement
- Publication of a judgment
- Statutory demand / liquidation
- Commercial mediation
- Private debt collection agencies
- Invoice discounting
Unit 3: Communication
- Using the telephone
- Making calls
- Specific telephone communication skills (language, vocalisation, listening, empathy and questioning)
- Managing conflict
- Written communication
- Sample letters
- This ABC Awards certificate is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- Internet connection – a speed of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Chrome for PCs.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course). The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner. The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards and Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process. ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
- An ABC Awards Level 3 is roughly equivalent to a Level 5 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for Accreditation Details