QQI Administration and Office Management course
- Course Fee: Eur395
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- QQI Level 6 component certificate in Administration Practice (6N4169)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by QQI
- Learners have 12 weeks to complete the course. Learners work at their own pace and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol in this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The overall aim of this Administration and Office Management course is to equip learners with knowledge and competence in Office Administration. The module is designed for those wishing to gain an understanding of organising administrative services within an organisation. The module aims to provide learners with well-rounded skills and competencies to manage a wide range of administrative services including facilities and procurement functions. The programme will also equip learners with supervisory skills such as delegation, motivating staff and managing meetings. The programme covers:
- The role and function of administrative services within an organisation.
- An overview of relevant workplace legislation in Ireland which includes privacy and data protection.
- The management of health and safety as it pertains to the provision of administrative services in an organisation.
- Communication skills, delegation, team working and managing meetings.
- Motivating staff in a work environment.
- Managing suppliers and the principles and techniques associated with supplier selection and procurement.
This distance learning, QQI accredited course means that learners can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. This course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this QQI certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- Office managers, supervisors and administration management or those who wish to pursue a career in this area.
- Managers who have responsibility for managing administration, facilities or suppliers.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 5 Certificate / Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) or relevant life or work experience.
- As part of the assessment for this course, you will be required to complete a number of practical administrative tasks in an organisational setting. You must be either working or have access to an organisation where you can complete this (this can be on a voluntary basis).
- As this NFQ level 6 qualification is delivered through English it is necessary learners will have sufficient written English skills to complete this course.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- Learners must be a resident of Ireland / based in Ireland.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this course
Unit 1: The role of administration in the organisation
- Understanding organisations
- The role of the administrator in the organisation
- Managing the administration function
Unit 2: Workplace legislation in Ireland
- Key workplace legislation in Ireland
- Contracts of employment
- Working time regulations
- Employment protection
- Privacy and data protection
- Health and safety at work
Unit 3: Managing health, safety and facilities
- The importance of health and safety management
- Health and safety statements and policies
- The nature of Facilities Management
- Devising a Facilities Management plan
Unit 4: Communication, teamwork and meetings
- Delegation, motivation and teamwork
Unit 5: Managing suppliers and procurement
- The procurement function
- Organising procurement
- Supplier selection methods
- This administration and office management course is assessed through a Portfolio and a Project where candidates complete a range of tasks relevant to Administration and Office Management
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent QQI External Authenticator.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This Administration and Office management course leads to a level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 component certificate as credit towards the major award in Administration (6M5013). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component certificate in Administration Practice (6N4169).
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Click here for Accreditation Details