- Course Fee: €495
- Certification Fee: Eur60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ABC Awards
- Students have 6 months to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This Bookkeeping course provides learners with the skills needed to deal with the books and accounts in a corporate environment. Whether you are an office secretary, working in finance, or a small business owner this ABC Certificate in Bookkeeping course is designed to give you an understanding of the application of Bookkeeping and Accounting knowledge in the workplace.
Your Tutor will support you throughout the duration of the course. You complete the course by undertaking activities and assignments. Our student support team are also available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that unlimited support is available for your course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
By choosing to study this Bookkeeping course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Bookkeeping course?
- Small/medium business owners.
- People considering commencing a career in finance or accounting.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- The assignments for this course are completed in Excel. Candidates should have a good basic knowledge of Excel.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Bookkeeping Course
- The role of the bookkeeper
- Types of businesses
- The concepts of Business Entity and Historic Cost
- Setting up the Bank Account
- The Analysed Cash Book
- An Introduction to Double Entry Bookkeeping
- The concept of Duality
- Correction of Errors
- The Journal
- The Cash Account
- Two Column Cash Book
- Debit and Credit Cards
- Payroll Transactions
- Credit Transactions
- An Introduction to Value Added Tax
- Business Documents
- Calculating VAT
- VAT and the Ledgers
- Petty Cash
- Day Books
- Control Accounts
- Three Column Cash Book Bad debts
- Sale of an Asset Paying the VAT bill
- The Construction Industry
- Withdrawal of funds by partners and directors
- Foreign Transactions
- Relevant Legislation
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments. There is no exam for this course.
- Internet connection – a speed of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Chrome for PCs.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards. The Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. CMIT can advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education.
- A QLS award at level 2 is roughly equivalent to a Level 4 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for Accreditation Details