- Course Fee:
Eur395Special Offer Eur295
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ABC Awards
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This programme is designed for people who have (or plan to have) responsibility for the smooth running of an office and who require a broad understanding of their responsibilities and duties. The aims of this course are to enable learners to (1) recognise how to manage the office environment, technology and office staff, (2) apply good practice in recruiting, (3) monitoring and training staff within the employment law framework, (4) practise essential skills in managing your own responsibilities, and (5) adopt good practice in managing the customer interface through a range of communications skills.
Your Tutor will support you throughout the duration of the course. You complete the course by undertaking activities and assignments. Our student support team are also available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that support is available for your course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- Office managers, supervisors and administration management or those who wish to pursue a career in this area.
- Business Owners and Managers who have responsibility for managing offices.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- No previous experience or qualifications are necessary to commence the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Unit 1: Introduction
- The Office Manager’s Areas of Responsibilities
- The Skills and Qualities required to be an Effective Office Manager
Unit 2: The Office Manager’s Responsibilities to the Office
- Managing and Maintaining the Office Premises
- Health and safety in the office
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Site security
- Safeguarding equipment
- Space management
- Using natural resources efficiently
- Using human resources efficiently
Unit 3: The Office Manager’s Responsibilities to the Staff
- Recruitment and Selection
- The recruitment process
- Selecting the right candidate
- Making an offer
- Civil Law
- Disciplinary procedure
- Working Hours
- Family Rights
- Pay Rights
- Equality and Diversity
- Grievance procedure
- Appraisals and development
- Planning training
- Delivering training
- Evaluating training
Unit 4 The Office Manager’s Own Responsibilities
- Presenting Data
- Meeting management
- Business reports
- Project management
- Verbal communications
- Non-verbal communication
- Written communications
- Listening skills
- Personal and professional development objectives
- Opportunities for continuing professional development
- Impact evaluation
Unit 5 The Office Manager’s Responsibilities to Customers and Clients
- Reception Skills
- The reception area
- Receiving post and deliveries
- Security and safety
- Good Customer Care, Receiving visitors, Dealing with telephone calls, Dealing with Complaints
- External Communications
- Creating own publicity
- Public relations
- News releases
- Advertising on the Internet
- This ABC Awards certificate is assessed through a series of tutor marked assignments.
- At the end of this office mangement course successful learners will receive a certificate of achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details all of the units you have completed as part of your course). The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of difficulty involved in successful completion by the learner. The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing Ltd to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. ABC Awards’ endorsement involves a robust and rigorous quality audit by external inspectors to ensure quality is consistently met. A regular review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
- An ABC Awards Level 3 is roughly equivalent to a Level 5 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications, but is not an award on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details