Dental Practice Administration
- Course Fee:
€395Special Offer €295 (€100 off)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ABC Awards
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This Dental Administration programme is designed for people who wish to gain a certificate as a Dental Administrator to enable them to begin work or improve their career in a Dental Administration role. No prior knowledge is required. Students will learn the folllowing: (1) Reception Skills, (2) Office Administration, (3) Technology, (4) Dental Anatomy and Physiology, (5) Methods to support the Dentist, and (6) Hygiene, and (7) Confidentiality. The course is ideal for those working in administration or customer service roles within Private Consultant clinics, Hospitals, Dental surgeries and private Health Clinics.
Your Tutor will support you throughout the duration of the course. You complete the course by undertaking activities and assignments. Our student support team are also available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that support is available for your course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
By choosing to study this Dental Administration programme with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Dental Administration course?
- Administrators within the healthcare sector.
- Customer service personnel within the healthcare sector.
- Office and admin staff within Private Consultant clinics, Hospitals, Dental surgeries and private Health Clinics.
- Medical Administrators who wish to gain a nationally accredited qualification.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- No previous experience or qualifications are necessary to commence the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Dental Administration course
Unit 1 Reception Skills
- General reception skills
- Duties of a Dental Receptionist
- Telephone skills
- Customer service
- Making and recording appointments
- Dealing with emotional people
Unit 2 Office Administration
- Record keeping
- Time management
Unit 3 Technology
- Typing and keyboard skills
- Microsoft word
- Microsoft excel
- Common medical software
Unit 4 Dental Anatomy & Physiology
- The skull and jaws
- Muscles of mastication
- Nerve supply of jaws and teeth
- Blood supply of jaws and teeth
- Topography of the mouth
- Tooth structure
Unit 5 Supporting the Dentist
- Supplies and supply procedures
- Appointment scheduling
- Receiving patients
- Dental abbreviations
Unit 6 Hygiene
- The importance of hygiene
- How to maintain hygiene standards
- Cleaning for infection control
- Waste disposal for infection control
- Healthcare associated infections
Unit 7 Confidentiality
- The need for confidentiality
- The legal position
- Best practice
- Other legislation associated with record keeping
- This ABC Awards Dental Administration certificate course is assessed through a series of tutor marked assignments.
- At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course). The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner. The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards and Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process. ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
- An ABC Awards Level 3 is roughly equivalent to a Level 5 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details