Dental Practice Administration
- Course Fee: €395
- Certification Fee: €60 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ABC Awards
- Students have 6 months to complete the course, at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This Dental Administration programme is designed for people who wish to gain a certificate as a Dental Administrator to enable them to begin work or improve their career in a Dental Administration role. No prior knowledge is required. Students will learn the following: (1) Reception Skills, (2) Office Administration, (3) Technology, (4) Dental Anatomy and Physiology, (5) Methods to support the Dentist, and (6) Hygiene, and (7) Confidentiality. The course is ideal for those working in administration or customer service roles within Private Consultant clinics, Hospitals, Dental surgeries and private Health Clinics.
Your Tutor will support you throughout the duration of the course. You complete the course by undertaking activities and assignments. Our student support team are also available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that support is available for your course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
By choosing to study this Dental Administration programme with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this Dental Administration course?
- Administrators within the healthcare sector.
- Customer service personnel within the healthcare sector.
- Office and admin staff within Private Consultant clinics, Hospitals, Dental surgeries and private Health Clinics.
- Medical Administrators who wish to gain a nationally accredited qualification.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- No previous experience or qualifications are necessary to commence the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Dental Administration course
Unit 1 Reception Skills
- General reception skills
- Duties of a Dental Receptionist
- Telephone skills
- Customer service
- Making and recording appointments
- Dealing with emotional people
Unit 2 Office Administration
- Record keeping
- Time management
Unit 3 Technology
- Typing and keyboard skills
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Common medical software
Unit 4 Dental Anatomy and Physiology
- The skull and jaws
- Muscles of mastication
- Blood supply of jaws and teeth
- Topography of the mouth
- Tooth structure
Unit 5 Supporting the Dentist
- Supplies and supply procedures
- Appointment scheduling
- Managing Dental records
- Appearance and Hygiene
- Receiving the patient
- Dental abbreviations
Unit 6 Hygiene
- The importance of hygiene
- How to maintain hygiene standards
- Standards for infection control
- Waste disposal for infection control
- Healthcare-associated infections
Unit 7 Confidentiality
- The need for confidentiality
- The legal position
- Best practice
- European Convention on Human Rights
- Other legislation associated with record-keeping
- This ABC Awards Dental Administration certificate course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- Internet connection – a speed of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Chrome for PCs.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards. The Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. CMIT can advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education.
- A QLS award at level 3 is roughly equivalent to a Level 5 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for Accreditation Details