CMIT encourages and facilitate learners to gain entry into and exemptions and credit towards programmes. This is called 'recognition of prior learning'.
- Entry into programmes
- Credit towards a programme
- Exemptions from some programmes
- Eligibility for a full award
Entry into Programmes
CMIT provides detailed pre-requisites for each course and ’equipped to participate’ statements relevant to courses to assist learners understand the requirements to gain entry
Credit towards a Major award / Requirements of a programme
Existing FETAC, NCVA or other recognised awards may be used to gain an exemption or a credit for a major award. Learners must complete a pre-requisites form provided by CMIT. CMIT offers exemptions from major awards, where existing certificates are held by the learner. Exemptions are based on the listed FETAC minor awards, which relate to a major award. A copy of the original certificate is required to be submitted to CMIT.
RPL for Awards (based on learning experiences)
Currently CMIT does not offer awards on the basis purely of prior learning experiences, under (RPL/QA sub strand).
1. Learner must assess the entry requirements as outlined with each course in order to ensure that they meet entry requirements.
2. Pre-requisites must be detailed within the Personal Learning Plan and supported by copies of original certificates.
3. Where existing certificates are required to gain exemptions these must be forwarded to the college at time of enrolment.
Contact the college for more information.
What is the National Framework of Qualifications?
The National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) provides a way to compare qualifications, and to ensure that they are quality assured and recognised at home and abroad. .