11 February, 2013
Certificate in Psychology
This course in psychology provides a fascinating insight into the science of the mind. The course covers and introduction to psychology, emotion and how to identify stress, perception, memory and remembering, learning, parent-child interactions, gender, sexuality, social perception and prejudice.
Your Tutor will support you throughout the duration of the course. Our student support team are also available for any other queries that you may have whilst completing your course. You can be assured that support is available for your course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24x7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Click here for an overview of CMIT eLearning
Who should complete this course?
Topics Covered in this Course
Unit 1: Introduction
Unit 2: Emotion
- What is Psychology?
- Different Approaches to Psychology
- Research in Psychology.
Unit 3: Perception and Memory
- Signs of Emotion
- Theories of Emotion
- Stress and Anxiety
Unit 4: Learning
- Why Do We Remember?
- Remembering and Forgetting
- Reliability of Memory.
Unit 5: The Development of Social Behaviour
- Classical and Operant Conditioning
- Applications of Classical and Operant Conditioning
- Other Kinds of Learning.
Unit 6: Social Perception and Influence
- Parent-Child Interaction,
- Attachment and Separation
- Sexual Development
- Gender Identity.
- Impressions of People
- Prejudice and Discrimination
- Reducing Prejudice
- Social Pressure on the Individual
- Group Norms and Conformity
- Conformity to Roles and Obedience.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- People in business who are responsible for managing people.
- People in marketing or communications careers who wish to gain a greater understanding of the human psyche.
- People considering a career in counselling, people management, teaching, or communications.
- People who wish to gain an accredited qualification in Psychology and wish to study at their own pace, and in their own time.
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor
marked assignments. There is no exam with this course.
At the end of this course successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by NCFE. This course has been accredited under NCFE IIQ Licence by Kendal Publishing Limited which has been approved as an NCFE Investing in Quality (IIQ) centre to give formal recognition to our courses. We have designed our training courses specifically to meet the needs of learners who prefer to study from home. The course measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 3 (using Ofqual’s Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) level descriptors) to allow you to consider the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved.
- A NCFE Level 3 is roughly equivalent to a Level 5 on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications.
- Click here for Accreditation Details
- Please note that there is a EUR60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.