11 February, 2013
(FETAC Level 6)
This comprehensive distance learning course is designed to equip learners with skills in: (1) marketing strategy, (2) advertising campaign development, (3) communications planning, (4) sales promotion planning, (5) direct marketing, (6) PR, (7) sales, and (8) developing an integrated marketing communications plan.
This distance learning, FETAC accredited course means that learners can study flexibly at home, or at work, and gain a nationally accredited Qualification.
The course is particularly relevant for those who currently work in marketing or have a marketing related role. It is also very suitable for small businesses owners who wish to improve their marketing effectiveness.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24x7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this FETAC certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback from your Tutor. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Click here for an overview of CMIT eLearning
Who should complete this course?
Topics Covered in this Course
Unit 1: Marketing Strategy
Unit 2: Marketing Communications and Advertising
- The Marketing Concept and The Function of Marketing
- The Marketing Mix
- Market Research - Primary Research, Secondary Research
- Marketing Strategy - Situation Analysis, Marketing Objectives, Segmenting, Targeting and Positioning
Unit 3: Direct Marketing and PR
- Marketing Communications Models - Models, Communication Systems, The Promotion Mix
- Managing Advertising
- Creative Strategy - Branch Character Development, Advertising Appeal Strategy
- Media Selection and Evaluation
- Media Scheduling Strategy
Unit 4: Sales Promotion and Personal Selling
- Direct Marketing - Direct Mail, Direct Response Advertising, Telemarketing, Online Advertising, Email Marketing
- Public Relations Techniques - Planning and Managing PR, Writing News Releases
Unit 5: Integrated Marketing Communication Planning
- Sales Promotion Technique - Consumer Promotions, Retail Promotions, Trade promotions, Exhibitions
- Personal Selling - The Role of Personal Selling, The Sales Process
- Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC)
- Setting Marketing Communication Objectives
- Choosing Promotion Tools
- Budgeting and Budget Planning
- Evaluation and Control
- Legal and Ethical Issues
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Anyone who works in marketing or a marketing-related role.
- Owners of new or growing businesses who wish to gain an accredited qualification in marketing.
- Small Business owners who wish to improve their marketing effectiveness.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in marketing by home study distance learning.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This course is assessed through completion of a Project. This entails production of a comprehensive Marketing Communication Plan, which will cover all aspects of the course.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam with this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent FETAC External Authenticator.
- This course leads to a level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 component certificate as credit towards the following FETAC Advanced Certificates: Management (BMANX) and Administration (BAXXX). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion you will receive a FETAC Level 6 component certificate in Marketing Communications (N32644).
- The Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with FETAC to offer programmes leading to FETAC awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Please note that there is a EUR60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.