11 February, 2013
(FETAC Level 6)
This distance learning course is designed to equip entrepreneurs with skills to develop a comprehensive and soundly based business plan. Students will learn how to: (1) complete a market analysis, (2) evaluate and develop a business idea, (3) complete financial planning and analysis, (4) develop a marketing plan and pricing strategy, (5) develop customer service and quality standards, and (6) write a professional business plan.
This distance learning, FETAC accredited course means that Students can study flexibly at home, or at work, and can gain a nationally accredited Qualification. The course is designed for those who wish to write a business plan for a new business initiative. It would also be useful for those working in existing businesses who wish to develop their overall business planning skills.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24x7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this FETAC certified course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Click here for an overview of CMIT eLearning
Who should complete this course?
Topics Covered in this Course
Unit 1: Business Start-up
Unit 2: Customers and Markets
- Setting Up a New Business
- Choosing a Legal Entity
- Records and Legalities
- The Business Plan
Unit 3: Production and Personnel
- The Business Idea
- Customer Research
- Target Market Selection
- Competitor Analysis
- PEST Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
Unit 4: Financial Planning
- Equipment and Suppliers
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- People Management Skills
- Organising Your Business
Unit 5: Marketing, Quality and Customer Service
- Start-up Finance
- Capital Requirements
- Financial Statements
- Survival Budgets
- Applying for a Loan
Unit 6: Professional Practice
- Marketing Plan
- Customer Service
- Quality Control
- How to write a Business Plan
- Business Plan Template
- Support for Start-ups
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Owners of new or growing businesses who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification in business planning.
- Those considering starting a new business, or those with a business idea who wish to determine its potential.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter by home study distance learning.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This course is assessed through completion of Assignments which entails production of a comprehensive Business Plan - which will cover all aspects of the course including aims, skill requirements, cost and financial planning, sales and marketing planning, hr planning and sources of finance.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam with this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, student assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an independent FETAC External Authenticator.
- This course leads to a level 6 component award on the National Framework of Qualifications.
- Students who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 certificate as component credit towards a number of FETAC Advanced Certificates including: Management (BMANX), Business (BBMXX), Administration (BAXXX). For more details contact us.
- Following successful completion you will receive a FETAC Level 6 component certificate in Business Planning (N32812).
- The Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland. CMIT is registered with FETAC to offer programmes leading to FETAC awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Please note that there is a EUR60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.