30 April, 2013
|CompTIA A+ Technician
The CompTIA A+ certification is the industry standard for computer support technicians. The international, vendor-neutral certification proves competence in areas such as installation, preventative maintenance, networking, security and troubleshooting. CompTIA A+ certified technicians also have excellent customer service and communication skills to work with clients.
CompTIA A+ is part of the certification track for corporations such as Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard, Cisco and Novell. Other technology companies, including CompuCom and Ricoh, have made CompTIA A+ certification mandatory for their service technicians. More than 700,000 people worldwide have become CompTIA A+ certified since the program's inception in 1993.
This comprehensive elearning course prepares students for the A+ Certification from CompTIA. The course is completed online, at your own time, at a location that suits you. You progress through the course materials and complete the online lessons and tests.
Students are provided with Flash-based instructional demonstrations, Instructional audio with graphics highlighting key points. Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises. Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment. Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied. The course challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank, and a skill assessment generates a customised learning path based on the results of a pre-test. Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
This programme provides you with all you need for the two CompTIA A+ exams, which is required to earn CompTIA A+ certification. This certification validates the knowledge and skills of entry-level computer service technicians. It is an international, vendor-neutral certification recognized by major hardware and software vendors, distributors and resellers. CompTIA A+ certification confirms a technician's ability to perform tasks such as installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and basic networking.
Who should complete this course?
Topics Covered in this Course
Practical Application Module
- Computer Components: The central processing unit; Slot types and display devices; Input devices, ports, cables, and cooling systems; Storage devices; Installing and configuring computer components; Troubleshooting computer components
- Operating Systems
- Diagnosing Problems: Recovery and restoration, TCP/IP and Remote Desktop, Diagnostic procedures, Preventive maintenance
- Laptops and Portable devices; Working with laptops and portable devices; Configuring laptop power options; Using laptop peripherals; Troubleshooting laptops; Preventive maintenance for laptops
- Printers and Scanners
- Networks: Protocols, technologies and troubleshooting
- Security: Hardware, software, and wireless security; Data and physical security; Installing and configuring security; Troubleshooting security; Maintaining security
- Safety, Environment and Customer Issues: Safety in the workplace; Hazards and safety precautions; Proper disposal procedures; Communication skills; Professional behavior
- Practice Exams
- Installing and Configuring PC Components; Troubleshooting and Preventative Maintenance
- Advanced PC Troubleshooting
- Portable Computer Fundamentals; Maintaining and Repairing Portable Computers
- Major Window Structures; Optimizing Operating Systems
- Slot types and display devices
- Operating System Utilities
- Basic OS Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Printers and Scanners
- Troubleshooting Printer Problems
- Wide Area Networking: Identify the fundamental principles of networks; Install, configure, optimize, and upgrade networks
- Network Troubleshooting: Use tools and diagnostic procedures to troubleshoot network problems; Perform preventative maintenance of networks including securing and protecting network cabling
- Security: Identify the fundamental principles of security; Identify the names, purposes, and characteristics of physical security devices and processes; Install, configure, optimize, and upgrade security; Identify tools, diagnostic procedures, and troubleshooting techniques for security issues
- Safety and Environmental Issues
- Professionalism and Communication
- Practice Exams
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- IT Technician, Enterprise Technician, PC Technician.
- Desktop Support Technician, Field Technician, PC Support Specialist.
- People considering a career as a PC Technician.
- A+ certified professionals who are encouraged or required by their employers to remain current on their certifications.
- You must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Diploma in Advanced PC Maintenance from CMIT.
- You may optionally take exams to receive CompTIA certification. This is assessed through computer-based multiple choice exams (220-701 and 220-702). Exam fees are not included in the course price.
- Once you successfully complete the programme, you will receive a Diploma in Advanced PC Maintenance from CMIT.
- Following successful completion of the exams you will receive CompTIA certification.