How CMIT eLearning Works
A recent report by the UN found that students gain knowledge and skills through online and offline eLearning as well as or better than they do through traditional teaching.
With CMIT courses, you can log-in to your course anywhere you have an internet connection. You can download or view course resources online and upload your assessments when you are ready. You also have Tutor support if you have problems and your Tutor will provide feedback on your assessments. When you have completed all your assessments fully, your work is assessed and your certificate is issued to you.
Benefits of CMIT eLearning
- Certification: CMIT is registered with QQI to offer programmes in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland, which is recognised by Government and Employers. We are also ILM and CIW registered trainers, and provide courses which lead to certification by Microsoft, Oracle, and other bodies.
- Tutor Support: With our QQI and ILM courses you can get one-to-one support from your Tutor and personalised feedback on your progress. Our IT related courses come with online mentor support, ready to handle your queries. Telephone support is also provided by our Student Support Team.
- Convenience: Learn anywhere, anytime. You have 24×7 online access to your course. You do not have to travel to go attend classes.
- A New Way to Learn! Most courses are assessed by project work and assignments. Learning is now more interesting with video, quizzes, and self-paced activities. You don’t need fast broadband, just an internet connection.
- CMIT eLearning will work through a Mac (OSX 10.5 or later) or PC (Windows 7 or later).
- Your computer must have an internet connection with a speed of at least 5mbps.
- You should have a recent version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari and your browser set to accept cookies and pop-ups.
- You may need to download free software, such as Adobe Flash and Adobe Reader, to view content.
- Assessments must be typed, using word processing software, such as MS Office. If you don’t have access to this software we recommend Google Docs, which is a free resource.
- Content in each course differs and may include video. Your computer should be capable of playing video and sound.
- Web Design and Photography courses use additional software downloads which will only run on Microsoft Windows.
* eLearning and tutor support may vary by course, please check each course page for details.