About CMIT Distance and eLearning Courses
CMIT provides courses which are approved by or lead to certification by the following Educational Bodies, Professional Bodies and Organisations.
- Established in 2004, College of Management and IT (CMIT) is the leading provider of certified / accredited elearning and distance learning education in Ireland.
- CMIT was the first distance learning college to become FETAC registered and the first to offer FETAC qualifications through eLearning.
- Our aim is to provide the opportunity for people to gain a recognised qualification in the most convenient and flexible way possible, while providing clear value for money.
- You can get one-to-one support from your Tutor online and personalised feedback on your progress. Telephone support is also provided by our Student Support Team.
- Learn anywhere, anytime. You have 24×7 online access to your course. You do not have to travel to go attend classes.
- Most courses are assessed by project work and assignments. Learning is now more interesting with video, quizzes, and self-paced activities. You don’t need fast broadband, just an internet connection. (eLearning and tutor support may vary by course, please check each course page for details).
- CMIT has put in place appropriate arrangements for the protection of learners on QQI programmes which have a duration of three months or longer, should CMIT unexpectedly cease to provide such a QQI programme. This is a requirement under the Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012. Details are outlined here for courses where PEL is required, for all other courses provided by CMIT, PEL is not a requirement.
Digital Media Awards 2016 Award Winner
CMIT was a finalist and a Silver Award winner in the 2016 Digital Media Awards in the category “Best in Digital Learning”. The achievement is based on CMIT’s innovative approach to delivery of elearning through live online classes, online videos, messaging, direct contact with tutors, online personalised feedback on assessments and other resources. It recognises CMIT’s leading position in the area of accredited QQI elearning courses in Ireland. Now in its 12th year the Accenture Digital Media Awards are the most prestigious Digital Awards in Ireland. The independent judging panel represent a broad spectrum of industry professionals specialising in media, gaming, design, digital marketing, telecommunications, and app development.
Website: Digital Media Awards
ISO 9001:2008 Quality System
College of Management and IT (CMIT) is a certified ISO 9001:2008 organisation. ISO is an internationally recognised quality management system (
College of Management and IT (CMIT) is authorised to offer programmes leading to QQI awards on the National Framework of Qualifications. Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), formerly FETAC, was established in 2012 by law and oversees qualifications in Ireland. In the area of qualifications, QQI are responsible for maintaining the ten-level NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications). QQI are also an awarding body and set standards for awards they make in the NFQ. QQI validate education and training programmes and make extensive awards in the Further Education and Training sector. QQI also make awards in Higher Education mainly to learners in private providers. In the area of quality assurance, QQI are responsible for reviewing the effectiveness of quality assurance in further and higher education providers in Ireland. This includes the further and higher education providers.