ILM Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring for Managers
- Course Fee: Eur495
- ILM Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring for Managers Level 5 (UK) / Level 6 (Ireland)
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM
- The course is completed over 6 months. Learners work at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This internationally recognised ILM Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring for Managers course is mapped to both the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) as a Level 6 Award, and the UK Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) as a Level 5 Award.
This comprehensive course, equips existing Managers (and those considering a career in managing people) with detailed knowledge of coaching and mentoring. Students will learn: (1) how to plan for effective coaching, (2) how to use the TGROW model, (3) how to use effective questioning, listening and negotiation skills, (4) how to continue to grow as a coach, and (5) how to develop effective coaching within organisations. This course is designed for those working in Large Companies, SMEs or the Public Sector.
By choosing to study this ILM Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring for Managers with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this course?
- Existing Managers and Supervisors who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification in Coaching and Mentoring.
- Managers and Supervisors who have responsibility for coaching and mentoring.
- Managers in business who have direct reports and wish to learn best-practice techniques in coaching.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Candidates will normally be practising managers or supervisors.
- They should normally have successfully completed a QQI award in Management, an ILM Level 5 award, or an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates who have no formal qualification in management, but who have several years’ experience and completed some formal training in the role, may also participate.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, candidates must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Unit 1: Understanding and Using the Coaching Model
- What is Coaching?
- How People Learn
- The Role of Coaching
- Advantages of Coaching
- What a Coach is not
- Barriers to effective Coaching
Unit 2: The Coaching Process
- Coaching Styles
- The TGROW Coaching Process
- Deciding a ‘Theme’
- Setting ‘Goals’
- Checking ‘Reality’
- Devising ‘Options’
- Preparing for Coaching
Unit 3: Questioning, Listening and Negotiating
- Building Rapport
- Asking Questions
- Giving Supportive Feedback
- Negotiation Skills
Unit 4: Building Personal Effectiveness as a Coach
- What makes a good Coach?
- Coach Skill Requirements
- Using Empowerment
- Barriers to Performance
- Individual Coaching Plans
- Motivating Staff
Unit 5: Developing Coaching in Organisations
- Developing Coaching Plans within Organisations
- Overcoming Organisational Barriers to Coaching
- Sustaining Coaching Programmes
- Evaluating Coaching Plans
- This course is assessed through Assessments. This includes developing a coaching programme, undertaking coaching, and reflecting upon this (candidates are required to complete 12 hours of coaching practice).
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam with this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- This course leads to an award recognised at Level 6 award on the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may use this level 6 certificate as credit towards other awards. For more details contact us.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- Following successful completion you will receive an ILM Level 5 “Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring in Management” from the Institute of Leadership and Management.
- The National Qualifications Authority of Ireland (NQAI) recognised this as an equivalent to a Level 6 Award in Ireland.
- ILM is a recognised awarding body in Ireland. CMIT is registered with ILM to offer programmes leading to ILM awards.
- Please note that there is a Eur60 fee payable for administration, moderation and certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details