15 January, 2014
About College of Management and IT (CMIT)
How CMIT eLearning Works*
Now you can log-in to your course anywhere you have an internet connection. Review your course resources online and upload your assessments when you are ready. You also have Tutor support if you have problems and your Tutor will provide feedback on your assessments. When you have completed all your assessments fully, your work is assessed and your certificate is issued to you.
- Established in 2004, College of Management and IT (CMIT) is the leading provider of certified / accredited elearning and distance learning education in Ireland.
- CMIT was the first distance learning college to become FETAC registered and the first to offer FETAC qualifications through eLearning.
- Our aim is to provide the opportunity for people to gain a recognised qualification in the most convenient and flexible way possible, while providing clear value for money.
- You can get one-to-one support from your Tutor online
and personalised feedback on your progress. Telephone support is also
provided by our Student Support Team.
- Learn anywhere, anytime. You have 24x7 online access to
your course. You do not have to travel to go attend classes.
- Most courses are assessed by project work and
assignments. Learning is now more interesting with video, quizzes, and
self-paced activities. You don't need fast broadband, just an internet connection.*
- CMIT is committed to the highest standards of Quality Assurance and has put in place comprehensive processes and procedures.
- One-to-One Support: the provision of one-to-one support to learners by qualified and experienced Tutors.*
- External Monitoring: our quality systems are externally certified and audited.
- Customer Service: providing superb service to our learners.
- Innovation: embracing the online world - online tutoring, video, webinars, online course materials - to make education more accessible.
- Accessibility: encouraging and facilitating access by those in society normally excluded from further education.
FETAC Quality Reviews
- FETAC complete regular monitoring audits to ensure that all providers adhere to the quality standards.
In Nov 2011, FETAC completed a monitoring visit of CMIT. This review covered CMIT's overall quality assurance processes - including learner information, assessment, programme development and other processes. Following the review, FETAC concluded that CMIT were 'effectively implementing quality assurance' with no areas for improvement .
* eLearning and tutor support may vary by course, please check each course page for details.